Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thrift Shop Stash Builder

I went to one of my favorite thrift shops yesterday.I found a mass of old buttons and even four charts.There was also a pile of eight of those gold tone plastic frames. Not a bad stash building experience for the day.




All together the total was $10 but it was wacky Wednesday.I got to pick a coupon out of a huge wicker laundry basket and for once I got a slip for more than 10% off, I got a whopping 70% off and the entire load of stuff was just $3.

I love all of the buttons and already have some biscornus picked out for some of them.

Buttons Still on cards











Charts.






And one bag of filthy buttons. When I sat down to clean them I thought " Oh, this will only take a few minutes." Almost two hours later they were clean. All of the metal buttons were unsalvageable. I am not sure if the leather ones will be usable, they are very fragile. I broke several of them while cleaning them.







No comments:

Post a Comment